01. Pharoahe Monch - Simon Says (Hostage remix)
02. Justice - The Party (L.A. Riots remix)
03. ZZT - Lower State of Consciousness
04. To My Boy - Model (Sinden remix)
05. Samim - The Heater (Claude Vonstroke remix)
06. Peter, Bjorn & John - Young Folks (Punks Jump Up remix)
07. Alloy Mental - Alloy Mental
08. Kissy Sellout - Ready for the K-Hole
09. Duke Dumont - When I Hear Music
10. M.I.A. - Buck Done Gun
11. Britney Spears - Gimme More
12. Chemical Brothers - The Salmon Dance (Crookers WOW mix)
13. Justice - Phantom pt.2 (Soulwax remix)
14. Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
15. LFO - Freak
16. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
17. Claude Vonstroke - Peanut Butter Jelly Time (Claude Vonstroke & Julio Ingles Miami Doodoo Bootleg)
um, yeah, as Julip.
which means i now feel rather awkward about the fact that i was being facetious - it isn't a nice name, it's daft. i can't see myself or anyone i know going "hey, are you coming to oh em gee doubleyou tee eff disco tonight?" or "fancy oh-my-god-what-the-fuck down at white's?".
which is a shame, cos the playlist looks decent and white's is a great place.
it's hard to gauge tone via text. i thought you were serious. oops. cheers for being honest tho. :) hopefully not everyone will subscribe to your opinion. we intentionally selected a rather garish name hoping it would look good against a simple backdrop on the poster. they're not quite finished yet so i can't show you what i mean yet.
to solve the problem of not knowing what to call it you could invite your friends to "whites on a tuesday night" ;)
anyways, don't let the name put you off. you should check it out.
I know its just a name but whenever I read OMGWTF disco all it springs to mind is some 16 year old with a Crystal Castles t-shirt taking photos for her "INSERT SOCIAL NETWORK OF THE MONTH" and preening.
I'm amazed at the reaction this topic has gotten. Actually, I'm not really. Isn't the name is irrelevant? I'd have thought it's just a good thing that someone is trying to provide a decent night out? If it ends up being a bit crap then fair enough, but doesn't logic dictate that you actually go and then take a disliking to it based on something with substance?
It's very depressing that anyone who tries to do something new is met with such cynicism, surely we should all be banding together in support of new projects that hope to expand and improve the local scene? Rather than jumping on insignificant details and declaring that nobody will go, which is a ridiculous attitude to have. It's typical of the aul dour mindset people in this city have.
a good point, but, like i said before, you can invite your friends to whites on a tuesday night. just like you would, theoretically, invite your friends to the limelight instead of SHAG or menage-a-trois.
at the end of the day the name isn't THAT important... right? :/
Its not the name though, its the connotations that go along with it and going by current "hipper than thou" box socials around, they aren't enjoyable affairs. If I just saw OMGWTF on a poster I would shake my head and walk on.
[quote:6fc5cd906a="dOUBLEwONDERFUL"]Its not the name though, its the connotations that go along with it and going by current "hipper than thou" box socials around, they aren't enjoyable affairs. If I just saw OMGWTF on a poster I would shake my head and walk on.[/quote:6fc5cd906a]
agreed. you might as well call it ROFLCOPTERDISCO.
the idea of someone using webspeak and not on the web is just annoying. it conjures up an image of a room filled with hairboys and twatgirls comparing their latest outfit from urban outfitters.
the idea of someone using webspeak and not on the web is just annoying. it conjures up an image of a room filled with hairboys and twatgirls comparing their latest outfit from urban outfitters.[/quote:a18c84453b]
01. Smiths - How Soon Is Now
02. Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want (Soulwax remix)
03. Stooges - Tight Pants
04. Snoop Dogg Vs The Cure - Drop It Like It's Close
05. RJD2 - Ghostwriter
06. Dead Kennedys - Too Drunk to Fuck
07. M.I.A. - Pull Up The People
08. Funkadelic Sunshine Of Your Love
09. Vampire Weekend - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
10. Arrested Development - Mr. Wendal
11. Flight Of The Conchords - The Hiphopopotamus Vs The Rhymenocerous
12. Death In Vegas - Aisha
13. Architecture In Helsinki - Heart It Races (Yachts I Should Coco Mix)
14. Prince - Kiss
15. M.A.R.R.S. - Pump Up The Volume
16. Dandy Warhols - Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth
17. Ashley Beedle - My Baby's Got ESP (Special Disco Version)
18. Prinzhorn Dance School - Space Invader (Optimo [Espacio] Reversion)
19. Liquid Liquid - Optimo
18. Four Tet - Swimmer
19. Flaming Lips - Race For The Prize
20. Jape - Floating (D.I.M. remix)
21. Midnight Juggernauts - Shadows
22. New Order - Temptation
23. Moguai - Kick Out The Jams (Wally Lopez Factomania Remix)
24. Mr Oizo - Patrick 122 (Extended Saxophone Break Edit)
25. Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor (Hot Chip V.I.P. Mix)
26. MGMT - Kids
27. Neon Neon - I Told Her On Alderaan
28. Modest Mouse - Dashboard
29. Vitalic - La Rock 01
30. Ray Charles - Mess Around
31. Jamie Lidell - Hurricane
32. Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet
33. Malcolm Middleton - Blue Plastic Bags
should be something for most people on it. give it a go... you might just like it.
or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Indie Robots at the Disco.
74 mins by FAUX
01 Ratatat - Falcon Jab
02 Talking Heads - Psycho Killer (Live)
03 Little Boots - Stuck On Repeat
04 Gang Gang Dance - Housejam (xxxchange Remix)
05 Lindstrom - Another Station (Todd Terje Remix)
06 Shout Out Out Out - Dude, You Feel Electrical
07 Black Devil Disco Club - On Just Foot (Slide Inside Version with Prins Thomas)
08 Late of the Pier - The Bears Are Coming (Metronomy Remix)
09 Beck - I Think I'm In Love
10 Wax Stag - Short Road (Night Facilities Remix)
11 Wade Nichols - Wanda Rode Again
12 Whip - Blackout (Ashley Beedle Generation Next Remix)
13 Television Room - Coffee Houses
14 Hot Chip - One Pure Thought (Dominik Eulberg Remix Edit)
15 Beirut - My Night With The Prostitute From Marseille
16 Albert Hammond Jr. - Back To The 101
17 Puzique - Suite 9
18 Weezer - Pork & Beans
19 m83 - Couleurs (Jori Hulkkonnen Remix)
20 Pitch & Hold - Pluto
21 Bag Raiders - Fun Punch (Bag Raiders Remix)
22 Royal Rumble - Stand And Deliver
23 Le Knight Club - Holiday On Ice
24 !!! - Heart Of Hearts
25 Uncle O - Jupiter Menace
26 Lismore - More
27 Alan Braxe - Addicted
28 Proxy - Dance In Dark
29 Faint - The Geeks Were Right
30 N.E.R.D. - My Drive Thru (Ft. Santogold & Julian Casablancas)
31 Infadels - Free Things For Poor People
32 Tiga - You Gonna Want Me (Van She Tech Remix)
33 LRD - (Hey You) What's That Sound?
34 Groove Armada - Get Down (Japenese Popstars Remix)
35 Buy Now - Body Crash
36 B Rich & AC Slater - Poison
37 PNAU - Baby
38 Kavinsky - Wayfarer
39 SebastiAn - Momy
40 Rico Tubbs - I Like It Raw
41 Fight Like Apes - Lend Me Your Face
42 m83 - Run Into Flowers